Monday, August 11, 2014

First!

Just kidding. Well, not really. It is my first blog post, after all. And I'm here to introduce myself.

Hello everyone, I'm Eimi. I have been a long-time fan of Japan in particular and all of Asia in general, despite the fact that the furthest west I've ever been is California, and the most east I've gotten so far is Scotland. (I can provide pictures, but I was a kid, so story time will have to wait.)

But that's why I'm here. Because I have a dream. From the time I was aware enough to realise that the reason Thundercats and Speed Racer looked different from my usual Saturday morning cartoons was because they were actually Japanese (ie, around age ten or so) I have been in love with Japan. Wholesale.

This gives me nearly twenty years of carrying on a one-sided love affair with an entire culture, and I'm now here to share that love with you, one step at a time.

You see, life in all its infinite glory has decided that I am it's football, and I have been regularly kicked around in ways that made me wonder if I was ever going to leave this city again, much less the country.

Enough about that. It's in the past. As a wise monkey once taught me, "the past can hurt, but...you either run from it, or learn from it." (Source: http://youtu.be/dZfGTL2PY3E)

So with that in mind, I'd like to take you with me on my journey to fulfill a lifelong dream.

Japan.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Get involved! Ask me anything, or feel free to comment on the weather.